Warehouse and Packing Operative
- Full time (37.5 hours/week)
- We may consider part time working for the right candidate
- Pay: £17,500 year
To apply, email email@example.com with a short summary of your experience.
We are looking for a highly organised, diligent and experienced Warehouse and Packing Operative to support the growth of our company. Operating near Albrighton, Shropshire Design has grown over several years, and we now require dedicated warehouse, packing and dispatch support to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our company.
We are a high-end retailer of furniture and homewares, delivering across the UK and beyond. As such, our customers have exacting expectations of the buying and delivery experience with us, so complete accuracy, diligence and attention to detail; excellent practical and physical skills is a must. The post holder will need to meet the physical needs of the role, including the safe moving and lifting of heavy items and the use of packing and moving aids in line with manual handling procedures.
The post holder will work with the operations manager and customer experience manager to ensure orders are checked, labelled, packed, deliveries are arranged and customers remain informed at every stage of the process. They will also put forward ideas to enhance and improve the way we work.
Like everyone in our small company, they will provide other business management and support as needed. Critically, the post holder will oversee the organisation of our two stores, ensuring items are stored in a safe, efficient and organised manner. They will maintain the inventory list using a digital system (therefore good computer skills are essential).
The role is physical and requires the safe moving, packing/unpacking of heavy and awkward items. This is a role we see growing with the company and should enjoy progression, pay review and increasing responsibilities as the role matures and KPIs are met.
The role will help us launch a new business, which will increase the operational and logistical demands on the post holder.
- The checking, packaging and dispatch of a range of items – small and large
- The complete maintenance of a digital inventory system, so every single piece of stock is tracked in and out. We use a system that is visually very similar to Microsoft Excel
- The complete oversight of the safe and efficient storage of our items
- Help with the planning and organising of deliveries with our delivery drivers and external transport partners. This will require good planning skills, route planning and relationship skills to nurture relations with suppliers, their delivery teams, and wider transport partners. Deliveries must be planned in an efficient manner, ensuring no wasted time, travel or cost
- The post holder will manage after-sales enquiries related to returns, damaged items, replacements, etc. This involves placing claims with suppliers and carriers and managing the entire process to ensure customer satisfaction
- Will involve cross-checking supplier orders to ensure no under or over ordering
- Perfecting the process of re-packaging to minimise courier and delivery-related damages and costs
- Checking of good-in, ensuring our stock is fault free and in perfect order, ensuring any faults are reported to suppliers for their remedy or replacement
- May involve making some deliveries using our company vehicles.
- Intuition and expertise in the safe and efficient storage of our items, including packing and storage techniques - training will be provided but we will expect the postholder to be a practical thinker
- Able to handle and move light and heavier items - note: proper manual handling equipment/training and assistance will be provided
- An interest in our industry and related products is preferable Articulate and confident written and verbal communication skills
- High level of digital proficiency including using Microsoft Office programmes, web-based systems and web research
- Practical thinker, able to solve logistical issues, such and scheduling deliveries and collections, ability to judge space for effective carriage and storage
- Experience gained in a similar role is essential
- Good customer service skills, able to reassure and advise customers if necessary
- Creative thinking – able to suggest ideas for improvement across the business
- This is a new and exciting role that will grow and develop with our business. As the business grows, this role will become a key leadership role in the company and enjoy personal development in the area of e-commerce. This is a role we are committing to in the long-term. As the role develops, the post-holder will become responsible for managing temporary staff and the business grows.